You can use low transparency to mix in subtle temperature shifts into your painting directly. I indicated the colours that I used for each areas in my paintover. Opacity of the airbrush vary, depending on how strong you want the temperature shift to be! Rule of thumb for myself is to start with 30% and see how it looks.

Sally
I think what's missing in general is the blue ambient light in the shadows. I tried to bring some more blue and purples in the skin. There are also some small drawing issues to be fixed.

Abby
I tweaked a little drawing issue with her eye. You're missing some of the more subtle yellow and oranges in the transitions. Notice how different parts of her body have slightly different temperatures. I used an airbrush on a Lighten layer to tweak the colours (shown in the circle swatches).

Some images from the more hands-on critiques I did in class







thanks Xin!
ReplyDelete